zondag 18 januari 2015

Annie West – Rebel’s Bargain - Read for #LLC2015

A book in the multi author Chatsfield series, published October 21, 2014.
Genre: contemporary romance
Cover: meh. Those models are not nearly as stunning as the characters are described.

Rebel's Bargain photo w518312_zps23fba7b1.jpg

When the thrill - seeker strikes a deal!
Five years ago, Poppy Graham married Orsino Chatsfield beneath a confetti of paparazzi flashbulbs. But Orsino spent more time chasing the rush of adrenaline than with his wife and, in her darkest hour, he let her down. Their split was bitter and Poppy's striven for independence ever since. But now her arrogant husband is back...
Injured in a skiing accident, there's only one person Orsino can turn to...his deceitful wife! They have unfinished business and he'll face it before he walks away for ever. But the blazing passion between them reignites in an instant, leaving Orsino to wonder whether it will kill or cure!


Poppy Graham and Orsino Chatsfield married after a whirlwind courtship, as Orsino did not want to loose Poppy to someone else. She was an up and coming model then, not yet used to the bright life. Orsino is a Chatsfield though, used to the lime light, and used to doing as he pleases, with plenty of money to indulge himself. But both of them were too afraid to open up their inner selves to the others, and when Poppy needed him the most, Orsino wasn’t there for her. So she turned to her manager and best friend for comfort. When Orsino saw him leave their apartment building, as he came back for Poppy, he assumed the worst, and they haven’t met ever since.
Still, neither of them has filed for divorce yet, they are just living apart. Orsino is making a name for himself as a daredevil, whatever dangerous adventure there is to be had, he is there. What no one knows about him, is that he is donating most of the money he earns, to charity. And Poppy has become a world famous model, finally she has the financial security she craves, without being dependant on Orsino or anyone else. What he has never understood was why that is so very important to her.

But now Orsino has been severely wounded in an avalanche, and he needs someone to care for him in the next few weeks while he is recuperating. He doesn’t have to ask his family, they are pretty much estranged, so he decides on Poppy. Of course he doesn’t believe she will come as fast as she can after she gets the message, and to her own surprise, she does show up at the hospital to take him home with her. Or home, that means the French Chateau where she is doing the most important photoshoot of her career.

Neither of them expects the sudden desire between them, the attraction that has never died down. Will Poppy get her divorce when Orsino is healed, or will they make another go at their marriage? During the day Poppy will be working, but her evenings are spend with Orsino. And slowly they get to know each other, as they did not have the chance in the first few weeks of their marriage.


I received this book from the author, Annie West, during a blind date at the Love Letter Convention 2014, in Berlin, Germany. I really liked her, so although I don’t usually read category romances, I wanted to give this book a try. And I must say, I am very pleasantly surprised. Every time I thought I knew what would happen next, I was wrong, and Annie gave a different spin to the story.
I fell for both characters, who were so very insecure due to their horrible childhoods, but fell in love and stayed true to their marriage. I did not expect that. And both of them told the truth at times when I expected them to evade a question, to preserve their pride and feelings. I admired both characters and I closed the book with a smile.

I will certainly read more books by Annie West, she has won me over with her originality in an overfull genre, and her writing style.

8 stars.



Banner 2015 photo BannerLLC2015versie5_zps31bfcccb.jpg

Read for #LLC2015
For more info look: here

buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

© 2014 Reviews by Aurian

13 opmerkingen:

  1. Oh that's awesome. Very nice when you get a surprise like that from a genre you don't normally read.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Aurian, I'm so pleased you tried the book, even though you don't usually read category romance. Absolutely chuffed that you enjoyed it!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Annie! I have more of your books, and I promise you a proper review next time :)

      Verwijderen
  3. I finished this book a couple of hours ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. Literally could not put it down. I haven't read romance in a while but this will have me going back.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. It's nice to see you had a good moment with the book mainly if it's not a genre you really read. it sounds like an interesting one.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Yes, it was a nice surprise Melliane, and I love being surprised by an author.

      Verwijderen
  5. This book is high on my TBR pile but so many books and so little time. But I will try to read him before May. But I'm very happy that you enjoyed him so very much, Aurian!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I have more Annie West books on my TBR for Berlin Peggy, but I hope you find the time to read it as well.

      Verwijderen
  6. "her originality in an overfull genre, and her writing style".
    That is exactly the reason I read her books and she has become the only catagory-romance writer that has become an autobuy for me. And also because she's a great lady!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen